Monday, January 29, 2018

QQ January Challenge; Anything Goes!

Hey, hey, hey, it's Dorlene and I'm so excited for my first project as one of the newest Design Team members for Quick Quotes. This month's theme is Anything Goes. I hope you get a chance to play!

Oh my goodness, have you seen the Far and Away paper collection? It is absolutely gorgeous! I didn't have any vacation or travel photos to scrapbook but I did have this photo of my daughter and I in front of our local library. This is our kick off photo that we take every year before the start of our annual Summer Reading Marathon (19 years running).
I used the above quote as my inspiration for this layout. 

When I saw this collection, I fell in love with this floral paper (FW100) and had to use it. The flowers are gorgeous and all the fun marks give it a mixed media feel. It’s just perfect for the base of this layout.
I used three different patterned papers from the collection (FW105 and both sides of FW102) to mat the photo. Before I mounted them together, I inked the edges of the mats. I also added some ink splotches around the base page using Island Orange and Vanilla Cream chalk inks to add more color. I went through my Washi tape stash and added a few that I felt coordinated well with the color scheme. I also adhered one of the die cut quotes from the collection with a small piece of washi tape.


Even though this was a quick and simple layout to complete, the patterned paper I chose as the base gives it a real artistic look.

I hope my layout inspires you to look beyond the norm when it comes to themed paper collections. Normally you wouldn't use a photo like this with a travel themed collection, but it worked out perfectly!

Quick Quotes Products Used:
Far and Away Paper Pack
Island Orange, Deep Sea and Vanilla Cream Powder Puff Chalk Inks
Far and Away Quotes and Phrases

From My Stash:
Washi Tapes
Black Fine Point Journaling Pen
Gorgeous Grunge Stamps (SU!)
Gold Color Silk (FSJ)

Bonus Project:
After I create a layout, I like to make a card or two from the scraps. There wasn't much by way of scraps for this one, but there was enough to make one card.

This card is pretty basic, but the light blue strip was longer than the card and instead of cutting it to size (and creating another scrap), I folded it up like a ribbon before adhering to the card base. I LOVE how the wavy print plus the offset folds look like waves. So perfect for this boat! I added some splashes, enamel dots and word stickers to finish it.

QQ supplies:
Far and Away Collection Scraps
Deep Sea Powder Puff Chalk Ink

From My Stash:
The Open Sea Stamp - SU!
Epoxy Dots - Queen and Co.
Words - Tim Holtz Small Talk Pad
Sparkle Color Silk - Fun Stampers Journey


PS: I won last year's Summer Reading Marathon. I read 17 books and she read 16. We're always
neck to neck and this year we both lagged a little. Winner gets treated to Baskin Robbins!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!