Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Content

Content is the Bible Lesson on the Patter Cross blog. I haven't done any art for these lessons in a long time, but I felt the need to this time around.

Read the lesson HERE or click on the Glory Art badge on the right. I do feel that I am content in my life. Sometimes I think it's a burden but reading these scriptures, I know I'm on the right path. I need to continue my faith that God is leading me on the path I should be on and trust Him. I think everyone questions this in their lifetime.

For the art, I decided to create an art journal page. I am using a page in one of the junk journals I just made. I am so surprised that I actually took photos of each step that I took to get to the final product. I started the page with nothing specific in mind:

Here's how it looked in the beginning:
This sheet is a receipt from a charm purchase. It is pretty thin so I decided to add some scrap papers to make it more sturdy. I grabbed my pink scraps and just started attaching. I love how the words, "I Love You" are in the right had corner (I purchased the ASL I love you charm), so I wanted to keep that showing.
Here's what it looks like with some papers and gesso over the top. When I was rifling through the pink scraps, I came across a scrap piece of cut out crosses so I decided to use that as a stencil with some pink ink from CTMH.
I also added some teal, yellow and pink gelato all over. I also decided to stamp some "x's" with my new Illustrated Faith stamp set that I got for Christmas.
Put another layer of gesso over the entire page.
Then wrote a portion of Hebrews 13:5 in the center with black marker.
Stamped the flowers with a Fun Stampers Journey set and also added some Color Silk in pink & yellow also from FSJ. Then I added a frame using a Stabilo pencil & smeared a little with my wet finger. Date stamped at the bottom and done.

Here are all the supplies used:
I also feel that every piece of art needs a little yellow so that's why I added some yellow splashes before saying it was done.

Have a blessed day and 2018!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!