Thursday, July 28, 2022

Scrappy Collage Card

If you're like me, you have a lot of paper scraps. And if you're a mixed media artist, many of those papers are painted, stenciled, stamped, etc. I have my junk papers, gel printed papers and plenty of others that I keep collecting. I can't seem to throw anything away!


I've made these scrappy collage cards before and the recipients really love them. You can check these cards out HERE. I don't know if there are any rules or guidelines to creating these type of cards, but I just go by what looks visually pleasing to me. I think the hardest part is knowing when to stop.

It's always good to have some sort of focal piece. In this collage, the focal piece originally started as the blue circles, but since they were off to the side, I felt it needed something more centered. I stamped and popped up a sentiment to finish the card.


I rarely sew on paper, but I felt this one needed the sewn border. I was happy I had black (I would have been fine with white too) thread in my sewing machine because I wouldn't have used it if I had to change thread - yes, I can be lazy!

Check out my process video and I hope it inspires you to grab your paper scraps and create your own! 


I have a ziplock bag that I hold my small paper scraps and is usually the first thing I grab when I'm creating a small project. Also in that bag are scraps from cuts that were made using my Cricut. Most end up like stencils and others are something like those blue circles. I'm telling you, I KEEP EVERYTHING!

If you are in need of inky fun papers, let me know. I'd love to share some of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!