Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Escape Room; CutCardStock Layout


Hi there, I made another fun layout using CutCardStock papers and my Cricut. Have you ever participated in an Escape Room? Oh my, they are so much fun but can be a little stressful. My kiddos and I decided to do one last year. The theme was Prison Break and unfortunately, we didn't break out before the alarm was triggered.

We did take some photos once we were done and of course, I needed to scrapbook them. This layout took awhile to start since I wasn't sure what color scheme to follow or theme. So, I took direction from the photos. The Escape Room staff provided us with photo props so I ran with those bright colors and emojis.

All the papers/cardstock are from CutCardStock - mostly the Pop Tone Assortment Pack. All of these colors can be purchased in an individual pack. I cut the Wedding Cake white cardstock into an 11x11" square and matted it with a piece of Black Cardstock. The colored strips were all 11" tall by 1ish width.  I used scraps for these strips, but you could use an 8.5x11" piece of paper for these.

Before adhering the white 11x11" square, I gutted the inside of the black cardstock. Both of these cardstocks are a great weight so I wanted to cut down on the thickness and keep some of that black cardstock for another project!

To do this, I used my paper trimmer and set the blade at 1.5" from the edge and cut each side stopping at 1.5" from the other edge.

Each strip was adhered to the center of the white cardstock using a centering ruler in no particular order.

Isn't that fun!?!

Once I adhered the strips, I used splatter, stamps and various inks to create a little interest before adhering the photos, title and embellishments.

The word "escape" was already in Design Space so I tried to emulate the look by using different fonts for the word "room".  I placed the magnifying glass behind the "c" before creating an offset of the entire title. I love how this turned out!

Here are some close ups of the final layout and to check out the CutCardStock Blog post, click HERE.



Products Used:
CutCardStock in Basis Gold, Pop Tone Blue Raspberry, Pop Tone Red Hot, Pop Tone Cotton Candy and Pop Tone Green
CutCardStock in Wedding Cake White and Black
Stamps:  Ink Road Stamps 
Emoji Die Cuts by Simple Stories
Splatter:  Color Silks in Black Licorice and Silver
Emoji Washi Tape



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!