Friday, July 31, 2020

TGIF; Thankful Friday #140

Happy Friday and Happy Thankful Friday! This week I'm thankful for local harvest. A coworker of mine brought in peaches...lots of peaches! I brought some home and DS2 & I made a peach cobbler. It was amazing!

So not only did I get to enjoy peach cobbler this week, but also the sweetness of eating peaches and taking a trip down memory lane.

Eating peaches reminds me of my grandmother (my mom's mom). She lived across the street from a fruit packing plant and it always smelled like peaches. Extra bonus, the workers always brought over crates of them to my grandma. We ate them so much it would make us sick, but we'd continue to eat them day after day when we stayed there.  

A few years ago, I canned peaches and they were so pretty in the jars. I ended up gifting them but was able to enjoy one jar. You can't go wrong with peaches. They are so good no matter how you (inhale) them.

Leave a comment on what you are thankful for this week even if it's as simple as sweet peaches!


*These are not my photos since we ate the cobbler so quick, I didn't have time to snap a photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!