Friday, May 24, 2019

TGIF; Thankful Friday #87

Happy Friday!

It's been a wet week here in our area but that's ok, because no matter what, we need it! It's not supposed to rain over the weekend so that's a good thing!

This week I'm thankful for the Professional Development program at my work. I've thought about it before but never really took advantage of it - not sure why. I recently mentored a high school student on ASL and after working with him, I realized I really need to pursue it more. So, I decided to take my first course on ASL.

I may or may not have mentioned this before, but my parents are deaf so I've learned ASL throughout my life, but have never been formally trained/taught. I'm asked to interpret for my work and I'm always a little self conscience.

The course is on-line and it's pretty awesome. I just started this week and the first two sections are basically learning about the history of ASL and the alphabet and numbers. The history of ASL is very interesting. I'm really looking forward to the rest of the sections. There are eight total.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!