Friday, September 28, 2018

Creating Cards with QQ

Hi there. Today I'm sharing the results of my card making spree using Quick Quotes products this week. Scroll down to see the cards and the list of products I used for each one:

What I love about this card is that it shows off both sides of a double sided patterned paper.
I used Anchor Aweigh AW108 for this card since I wanted to make a masculine card. Cut your cardstock at 5 1/2 x 5 1/4" and score at 1" on the 5 1/4" side.

The patterned paper is cut at 4 x 5 1/4". Ink all edges with Deep Sea PowderPuff Chalk Ink on both sides.
Adhere the patterned paper to the 1" tab and that completes the card base. I stamped the sentiment with Cool Gray PowderPuff Chalk Ink, inked the punched circle with Deep Sea PowderPuff Chalk Ink and added faux stitches with a gray marker.

To embellish the card, I added some blue fiber and a blue heart button.

Quick Quotes Products Used:
PowderPuff Chalk Inks Used: Deep Sea, Cool Gray

Other Products Used:
Sentiment by Unity Stamp Co.
Cardstock by Fun Stampers Journey
Marker, Fiber and Button from my stash

The next card was made by punching squares from the Spring Showers collection. This is a great project for using scraps too!
I adhered the squares on a piece of cardstock for placement only. Once I cut out the size I wanted for the card, I inked all edges with Key Largo PowerPuff Chalk Ink.
Then  I did something pretty cool! I couldn't find a ribbon/twine/fiber with a color I wanted so I inked a long length of white string with the Key Largo PowderPuff Chalk Ink pad - so cool!

I had to go through it twice to get full coverage, but wow! this opens up lots of new opportunities!

I added flat back pearls to each intersecting corner, a bit of lace under the string and done.

Quick Quotes Products Used:
Spring Showers Paper Collection
PowderPuff Chalk Ink Used: Key Largo

Other Supplies Used:
Flat back pearls, string, and lace from my stash
Tin Pail and White Cardstock from FSJ

I hope these two inspire you to create a fun and different card soon. Click on over to the Quick Quotes blog for more inspiration.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!