Monday, September 10, 2018

Celebrating the Wedding Season

Apparently it’s wedding season where I live. I get it - the weather is getting cooler but we have two weddings within two weeks of each other. So, with that being said... I need two wedding cards stat. These cards are pretty simple that don’t require a lot of products, but they are so pretty.

I love the patterned paper from the Spring Showers paper collection from Quick Quotes and wanted to show them off. I’m going to be honest, I didn’t love the SG104 paper as much as I loved all the others from this collection. I challenged myself to use it and I gotta tell ya - I love it now!

Even though the collection is called Spring Showers, this sheet has beautiful fall colors on it. Look at those gorgeous shades of orange, green and blue. They are perfect for two fall country weddings.

Here’s how I made them:
Card #1:
  • Cut a 4” strip from the SG104 paper.
  • Then cut at 4” again for a 4x4” square.
  • Make a diagonal cut through the square wherever you want.
  • Ink all for sides of both pieces with Vanilla Cream PowderPuff Chalk Ink and then Deep Sea PowderPuff Chalk Ink.
  • Adhere the two pieces to the top and bottom of the card leaving a diagonal strip between them.
  • Stamp the sentiment in this space with Deep Sea PowderPuff Chalk Ink. I used the MISTI to get a good impression.
  • Tie crochet lace to the top in a knot. That’s it.





Card #2:
  • Cut a 3 7/8 x 5 1/8” piece from the remaining 4" strip of paper you cut earlier.
  • Ink all four sides in Key Largo PowderPuff Chalk Ink.
  • Cut a piece of the backside of SG105 at 4 x 5 1/4” and ink all four sides also in Key Largo PowderPuff Chalk Ink.
  • Cut a 1 1/4” strip of white cardstock that is at least 6” long. You want plenty of room to work with.
  • Stamp your sentiment with Kokomo PowderPuff Chalk Ink. Mat that piece onto a coordinating paper. I used the backside of SG105 and inked in Key Largo.
  • Place this strip over the patterned piece at a diagonal. You can place this wherever you want. Trim the excess and ink.
  • Adhere the solid piece (SG105) to the cardbase.
  • Add twine to the diagonal sentiment piece and a double bow.
  • Place a brad to each corner.
  • Place the decorated panel to the SG105 mat using 3D foam adhesive.




After making these cards, I can now say I love this paper! LOL Change the sentiment and both these card styles would look great for any occasion.


Quick Quotes Products Used:
Spring Showers Paper Collection (SG104 and SG105)
PowderPuff Chalk Inks: Deep Sea, Lipstick, Vanilla Cream, Key Largo and Kokomo
Brads from Club Q kit

Other Supplies Used:
Stamps by CTMH
Twine by FSJ
Lace Trim from my stash
3D Foam Adhesive by FSJ
Card bases from cardstock from my stash

Check out more projects made by using Quick Quotes products by clicking HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!