Tuesday, August 28, 2018

One Layer Card; Another QQ Project

Happy day! Today I'm sharing a card I made using Quick Quotes PowderPuff Chalk Inks and some flower stamps. I saw something like this on YouTube and I knew I had similar stamps to get the same look.

The first thing I did was cut down a piece of white cardstock into a 3 3/4 x 5” panel. I stamped a rectangle in the “sort of” middle of the card using my MISTI and a rectangle stamp. I stamped a second image on a post-it for a mask.


Once I did that, I used four different PowderPuff Chalk Inks and a floral stamp set to create the collage. The colors I used were Island Orange, Lipstick, Cactus and Purple Rain. I also used Cool Gray on the edge the white cardstock to add another layer.





The funny thing is I originally wanted this to be a vertical card but I chose my sentiment after all the stamping was done and didn’t find anything I wanted in that direction. So I turned it around and made it horizontal.
 It still worked since I focused the stamping to one corner.


I layered the stamped panel onto matching cardstock before mounting on the oatmeal card base; tied a twine bow on the left side to complete the card.

The PowderPuff Chalk Inks that I used are part of the 2018 PowderPuff Chalk Ink set so they coordinate so beautifully and make a soft and colorful one layer card.


Quick Quotes Products Used:
PowderPuff Chalk Inks:  Island Orange, Lipstick, Cactus, Purple Rain and Cool Gray; with the exception of Lipstick, these ink pads are all part of the 2018 PowderPuff Chalk Ink Set.

Other Products Used:
Cardstock and Twine from my stash
Rectangle Label Stamp from CTMH
Floral Stamp Set from Stampin Up!
Sentiment from Fun Stampers Journey



1 comment:

  1. Love this one!! Will have to add a masking technique like this one to my list for my class to try. However I think I have already have enough techniques to share until next year!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!