Friday, August 17, 2018

Life Is Better In Flip Flops

Hey everyone. I'm sharing a summer beach layout I made using some elements from the June Club Q kit from Quick Quotes. Pieces of this layout kit is perfect for a summer layout. I used a 12x12 piece of white cardstock (included in the kit) for the base page. The three patterned papers were also included in the kit. Although the yellow piece doesn’t look like a patterned paper, it is the backside of a polka dot piece.

I punched out two chipboard swirls and colored them with Bermuda PowderPuff Chalk Ink. I also inked the flip flop border with Sandy Shore PowderPuff Chalk Ink. Three different colors of twine were also included in the kit so I could string the flip flops. So fun!


Once I inked the chipboard, I inked all edges of the three patterned papers with Bermuda, Lipstick, and Sandy Shore PowderPuff Chalk Inks.

I used a 4x4 photo of my daughter and matted it with a 4.5 x 4.5 piece of vellum. The vellum was inked with all three color PowderPuff Chalk Inks - Sandy Shore on the bottom, Lipstick in the middle and Bermuda on top. I followed the order of the papers on the layout. I love the PowderPuff Chalk Inks because they are perfect for all canvases. On this layout, I used them on chipboard, cardstock and vellum.


I added tone on tone stamps of Bermuda on the top right corner, as well as some black splatter, white pen marks and a variety of gems and enamel dots. In the lower left corner, I stamped another tone on tone striped image, black splatter and multi stamped a sentiment to add some visual interest.


It’s actually a pretty simple layout but when you look closer, you can see all the fine details. I love this photo of my daughter, just relaxing on the beach. I wish I was there right now!  Be sure to click on over to the Quick Quotes blog for more summer themed inspiration.

Quick Quotes Products Used:
Layout Kit from Club Q
PowderPuff Chalk Inks Used: Bermuda, Lipstick, Sandy Shore

Other Products Used:
Vellum by Stampin Up
White Gel Pen
Black Archival Ink by Ranger
Black Splatter by FSJ
Sentiment Stamp by Stampin Up
Enamel Dots and Gems by Queen and Company

2 comments:

  1. As I’m late for WOYWW, I thought you wouldn’t mind me commenting here! LOVE this LO and all the extra details you’ve made for it. It’s terrific, and a lovely photo too. I sure could do with a day on a beach! enjoyed your WOYWW post, made me smile that you were on Vegas and it triggered the fact that you haven’t finished their album, I hope it wasnt a guilt trip!! They got married on my birthday, so I shall look forward to seeing the album and will mentally tuck my name into one of the pockets!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout! Love the swirly curly waves!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!