Friday, August 19, 2016

Filling the Card Rack?

Never mind the Design Team responsibilities, never mind the ICAD challenges or any other challenges, I just needed to play in the Command Center tonight.
I noticed that my card rack was getting pretty sparse, so I decided to make some cards!  Although I love making unique one of a kind cards, it really is more practical to make duplicates.  I mean, why not?  The supplies are already out...crank out two or more at a time!
I received these 2.5 x 2.5 inch pieces of chipboard from Rubber Paws.  You know the story, "knew I needed them, but still haven't used them yet".  Well, I had a bunch of ink sprays out and happened to think of them.  I covered a couple in gesso and then just spritzed away.
Really simple, but oh so pretty!





I am definitely going to make more of these!

Color directly on the sunflower stamp with watercolor tombow markers.  Spritz with water & stamp.  I was able to get two good prints per application.
More watercolor for the background and droplets.  I liked it but didn't love it.  You know the feeling, right?  So, I grabbed my handy dandy fine point BIC pen and started outlining the stamped image with light and fancy lines.  LOVE IT!  Added some washi tape and there you go.


Three out of four cards were given out already; cupcake card to a coworker cupcake with 23 candles to my daughter, sunflower card to another coworker on medical leave.
So much for filling the rack! 


Cupcake from Bloom Art Stamps (previously known as Lila Grey Stamps)
Sunflower stamp and the square chipboard pieces were from Rubber Paws

2 comments:

  1. Those are adorable. :-) Great use of those backgrounds.
    April

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving these. Thanks for all the inspiration. We do tend to make crafting more complicated than it needs to be. I need to just sit and play more. Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!