Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Retro Easter Card

I made this card using the sketch challenge on Retro Sketches Challenge Site.  I think it makes a cute Easter card since I put this border strip of bunnies on the layered banners.  I used paper from a 6x6 pad from MME called Blush.  I'm thinking MME is a Michael's store brand.  This pad has gorgeous pink vintage papers.

The sketch is pretty simple and I kept it pretty simple.  I will confess.  After I glued everything to the card base and then picked it up, I realized the card opens on the left instead of the right.  At first I thought to cut it off the card base and just double up on another and then I realized a little bit of quirky never hurt anyone.  I'm sure my nephews will get a kick out of it when I send it to them for Easter.

Here's the link to the challenge blog and here's my picture:Retro Sketches


2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous!! The papers are so beautiful!! I love the flower border!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly LOVE that paper! Your whole card is gorgeous. I had no idea that Michael's owned My Mind's Eye. I did read on a blog that Michael's reproducing some of MME's old collections under new names. I've always loved MME paper and hope that being partners with Michae's doesn't hurt their brand. I've never been a big fan of Recollections paper.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!