Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Foxy Scene

Another entry in my Art Journal based on the mixed media challenge on Splitcoaststampers.  This one is MIX180.

Start with a brown paper bag or kraft paper.  I just happened to bring home some kraft paper from work the other day.  So first I used white paint and sponged it along the bottom trying to emulate a snowy hill.  Then I sponged blue ink on the top half with some touches of white.  I then cut strips of paper from an old Spanish dictionary and glued them as trees.  I added the branches as an afterthought.  I stamped some stars using the same blue ink and put white dots using a liquid paper correction pen - to make snow.

I stamped the foxes and stump on the same dictionary paper.  This stamp set is Wild About Love set from CTMH.  I added some accents and of course shading to give them more life.  Same with the trees.  I used a charcoal pencil and smudged with my finger.

I randomly drew lines as twigs, sprouting grass, etc around the tree trunks and pitted some snow spots as if planted into the snow.

I used white ink and stamped some splotches (SU! Gorgeous Grunge set) all over and used the same blue ink with the lines in this same set very lightly on the left hand lower corner.

The birds were an afterthought too.  I don't remember where I got that stamp.

Oh, one thing I wanted to mention.  The top half with the blue ink started as a mistake.  I accidently dropped the stamp pad on the paper and it left a great impression of a rectange.  I tried to sponge it into a shape I wanted, but it didn't work.  So...I basically stamped the pad (rectangle) all over as if that was the patterned paper I wanted all along.  It actually looks really good.  LOL  My friend and mentor Terry would love that I used my "mistake" as an opportunity to be creative!

Here is the final page:


I hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!