Tuesday, May 21, 2013

She Believed She Could So She Did...

When I read this quote from Stampin' Up, I had to have it.  There are great quotes in this stamp set and I'm sure you'll see many of them soon.

I loved this simple sketch from Let's Scrap and thought it'd be perfect for this photo my mom gave me and the quote.  The lady stamp was recently gifted to me from my sister's sister-in-law.  I'm going to do a write up soon about that.


The background patterned paper is from Tim Holtz - LOVE IT!  I thought it went perfect with this photo since it was taken at the Oakland State Fair in May 24, 1956.  Almost exactly 57 years to the date I scrapped it.  I didn't even know there was a state fair in Oakland!  I started off putting the individual pearls on and they were going to go across the page, but that was a lot of work!  Those who know me, know, I'm kinda lazy :).  The two layers of lace and the distressed tickets were after thoughts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!