Sunday, January 21, 2024

CutCardStock Fractured Card


Have you heard of a fractured card? Well, talk about an easy card! I had these watermelon and apple cuts in my stash (originally cut using a cartridge - yes, I've had them for that long!). 

I knew this card would be perfect for my CutCardStock DT project. I made the cuts earlier but I could have certainly used Bonsai Green, Hunter Green and Basis Red for them. CutCardStock has such a big variety of shades, you will definitely find what you need on their website.


Besides the cardbase & any embellishments, this card only needs three additional items; a piece of patterned paper cut at 5.25 x 4", a small square cut at 2.25 (you can certainly go smaller if you wanted); and four .25" strips of cardstock the same color as your cardbase.


Complete the Card in Four Easy Steps:
1.  Adhere the 2.25" square piece on the patterned paper as a diamond. I used Cougar Smooth White Cardstock for this square.


2.  Adhere one strip at a time to the edge of the small square making sure to extend the strip to the edge of the patterned paper base. Snip any overage.


3.  Adhere the patterned piece of paper to the cardbase. I used Pewter, Pepper Red, and Granny Smith Apple Green from CutCardStock for the card bases and strips for the variety of cards created.

4.  Embellish as desired. Like I mentioned above, I used Cricut cuts that I had in my stash. Some I adhered directly to the card and the top one I used foam adhesive to add height. I also stamped sentiments directly on the patterned paper. 

A couple of more that I created. Yes, I was on a roll!



Take a look at the YouTube process video for more clarification, but it really is that easy. By keeping the strips the same color as the cardbase, it really does look like it's fractured!


Be sure to check out the CutCardStock blog for all sorts of paper inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!