The choices are endless when it comes to birthdays especially female. I decided to share a card that I made for a friends' daughter's first birthday.
I used my Simply Charmed cartridge for the cupcake image and standard font for the "1". The two mats were cut with the Art Philosophy cartridge from CTMH.
Here's what I did:
- I cut the polka dot patterned paper at 5x5 and then realized I didn't like the large white border it left on the cardbase so I cut a piece of black cardstock at 5.25 x 5.25 to mat it.
- The "1" is cut at 5"
- The cupcake image is cut at 4". I used clear Wink of Stella to add sparkle all over the cupcake image. I started only coloring in the flame, but then decided the whole thing needed to be sparkly!
- The mats were cut at 3 1/2 and 4. I cut the smaller mat first but thought it needed to be bigger. I cut the larger one and then thought to stack both to add interest. I used a black marker to add the faux stitch lines.
- Added some enamel dots and viola!
- Oh, I also adhered the cupcake with foam adhesive to add more depth.
BBTB2 site to link up your birthday inspired project. Check out the inspiration by the DT - so awesome as always!