Monday, April 8, 2019

Going 3D on the BBTB2 Challenge Blog!

It’s my turn to host the challenge on the BBTB2 (Bitten By The Bug 2) and I chose 3D treat boxes and more...Click on over there to be inspired by the DT and to show off your project. The last challenge was Easter and I guess I still have the holiday on my mind!  LOL

Since Easter is just around the corner, I made this super cute “carrot” box for my granddaughter.

I did this by cutting the “carrot” using the cake box on the Tags, Bags, Boxes & More cartridge. I cut the shape at 6 1/4”. I probably could have gone bigger, but I was looking for a small box. I created the stem by cutting image #29 on the Home for the Holidays - Spring & Summer cartridge. I cut them at 3”. As always, Cricut adjusts the layers based on the size of the main image. I also cut the egg on this same cartridge. I cut that at 2 1/4”. The “L” is from the Country Life cartridge. (This was actually left over from an experiment from another project - I keep all my letters in a container to use later.)

I inked the carrot and stem using PowderPuff Chalk Inks from Quick Quotes. I love the way these inks give a soft look.




When cutting the 3D images from the TBB&M cartridge, you have an option to have holes which I did since I want to hang this cutie from her door.



Don’t forget to click on over to the BBTB2 site to link up your project. Remember you must use your Cricut and be sure to let us know which cartridge/image/etc you used!

4 comments:

  1. This is so adorable!! I love the carrot top!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you made this into a carrot. Fabulous idea and I agree, adorable definitely comes to mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely adorable! I have wanted to make this box, but your twist is so unique!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!