Sunday, July 3, 2016

Rock n' Roll Baby

Gone are the days of baby blue and teddy bears. I'm always so surprised to find out baby shower/nursery themes these days.  I actually went to a shower a few years ago where the theme was black.  Yes, the color black.  Crazy!  LOL

Rock n' Roll baby is the theme for my goddaughter's boy baby shower.  When I got the call from my comadre, I told myself, "Self, do not volunteer to make anything!  You are too busy right now!".  Yeah, right.  That didn't help.  She didn't even ask, I automatically said, "oh, I can do that for you".  WTH!

Even Kenny looked at me like I was crazy.  He just shook his head.  LOL

But how can I not?  I love doing stuff like this especially when I know I can do it and after all it is my goddaughter.  So, here I am cutting out thirty 3" guitars not including the ones I'll need for the diaper cake.  Thankfully I made a diaper cake awhile ago for a gift but didn't end up going to the shower.  I stripped the baby girl decorations off it and changed it for this theme.

I'm entering this in the Anything Goes challenge on Decorate to Celebrate challenge site.  Go HERE  to check it out.  UPDATE:  I won the challenge!





OMG!!  Don't you LOVE it!?!

Here are the guitars:


Cricut Cartridge:  Ole (guitars); Nify Fifties (mostly everything else); baby onesies (New Arrival)
EK Success star punch (large and small) and bow tie (from my gingerbread man punch)
Wink of Stella
Mini Clothespins from $1 bin at JoAnne's

This just might be the cutest thing I ever made!  LOL. Kenny said it looks too small, so I might be adding a fourth bottom layer.  The only thing is I'm running out of teal and silver paper.  I may have to go with black even though I kinda hate that idea.  We'll see.  I'll try to post a photo when it's at the shower.  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!