Tuesday, July 12, 2016

July Flower of the Month; Larkspurs

I love July's Flower of the Month digi stamp! 
I know my flowers are a little less bright than larkspurs probably are in real life, but I love the way this piece turned out.


The background was created as a brush off piece of other projects.  Originally it was covered in gesso and then just had the blue marks (in the center).  Those marks were made because I had paint on my fingers and I was too lazy to look for a baby wipe. 
The pistachio ink spray was sprayed to test the color before adding to another project.
Then the larger circles were added when I was creating one of the ICAD projects. 
The silver spots and white circles were from different markers.
I like mopping up, wiping, stamping off, whatever it takes to use all products.  Having my blank journal next to me helps me do this.  It's amazing what backgrounds can come out of it.
White splatter was using a new technique I learned from K Werner Design's Youtube channel.  You place acrylic paint on the edge of an acrylic block, add some water and using a paint brush, flick it toward the place you want the splatter.  It controls the splatter to where you want it.  I've used this on many other projects and it's a GREAT little tip.  (By the way, if you get a chance, check out her galaxy with watercolor paints video...too cool!  I hope to try this soon.)

I fussy cut the larkspur after water coloring the flowers and added yellow acrylic paint on the background to serve as a shadow before adhering the flowers to it.
Oh yeah, I forgot that at some point I decided to use a pencil and write summer and other words randomly on the page.

Lila Grey has amazing digi stamps.  http://lilagreystamps.com You can get the larkspur as well as many other flowers and images.  
While you're at Lila Grey's website, check out the clear stamps that are also available.  Yes, those three Elements stamps are designed by little ol' me.  I use these stamps ALL the time and these kinds of stamps are so popular right now.
Products Used:
Gesso
Acrylic Paint:  Too Blue, Baby Blue, Lt. Pink, Sunny Yellow, White
Ink:  Basic Black Re-inker
Markers:  Silver Paint Marker and White Correction Ink Pen
Ink Spray:  Ranger's Pistachio
Watercolor Paint: Crayola (purple & blue and green & brown)
#2 Pencil

Tools Used:  Fingers, Toilet Tissue Roll & a Paint Brush

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is stunning!! The flowers look amazing!! I love the beautiful colors!! Gorgeous my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!