Monday, August 3, 2015

September Flower of the Month

Another Lila Grey Flower of the Month Digi Stamp (September)
Melon Mambo Re-inker (flowers)
Old Olive Re-inker (leaves/stems)
Admiral Blue Acrylic Paint (with doily stencil)
Sahara Sand Ink Pad and French Script Background stamp (SU!)
Sahara Sand Marker for flower shading
Encore Metallic Champagne Ink Pad and Bubble Wrap
Black Ink and Straw
BIC Black Pen for random doodles

  • Homemade Yellow and White Spritz for background colors

Added a couple of drops of the reinkers and water on my craft sheet.  Used a paint brush to "paint" the flowers and stems/leaves, used post-its to mask the flower and stamped a French script background stamp with Sahara Sand ink all over the page.  Stenciled a doily using the blue paint on left side, lower right corner and just a blue smudge on top right corner.  I then used a straw and scrap cardstock with black ink to add marks around the page.  I planned on having splatters (dots) of yellow paint spray, but it came out with full force so I smudged it a little to take some of it away and randomly dabbed over the piece to create some sort of balance.  Then splattered some white and watered down melon ink all over.  The champagne metallic ink and bubble wrap was a last minute decision.  I wanted to add some metallic and was going to go for a gold, but grabbed this instead.  The tiny piece of newspaper print washi tape was sitting on my desk so I added that.  A little blue ink shadowing the flowers and my Sahara Sand marker for more shadow to finish...Oh, and don't forget about the black pen doodles.  

After each little addition, I started loving it more and more.  The key is layers, layers, and more layers and most importantly knowing when to stop.  I think I stopped at the right time.  I hope you agree!


2 comments:

  1. You definitely stopped at the right time - this is stunning!! The layers are gorgeous!! I love the pretty flowers and the colors!! It's so beautiful!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dorlene, this is just gorgeous!!! Love your combination of colors and patterns!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!