Thursday, August 13, 2015

More Cosmos

I was never a digi stamp fan, but the more I play with these flowers of the month digi stamps by Lila Grey Stamps, the more I love them!  Boy, you can pretty much do whatever you want with digi stamps.

Here's my latest:
Supplies:
Wild Washabi Reinker (SU!)
Daffodil Delight Reinker (SU!)
Soft Sky Ink Pad (SU)
Plum and Blue Watercolor Paint
White Acrylic Paint
Granite Gray Acrylic Paint
Black ink Reinker
Handmade White paint spray
White Wax Crayon
Black BIC Fine Point Pen
Script Stamp
Lattice Stamp (Unity)
Lila Grey Digital Stamp (Flower of the Month; October)


Using a wax based product was the mixability challenge on SCS, so I rubbed the wax crayon on the background of the page.  I then used the soft sky ink and a water paint brush and spread all over.  Once dried, I rubbed more crayon and then painted some blue watercolor paint.  I then used gray acrylic paint and a Unity lattice stamp to add some texture on the right side.  Colored the flower/stems/leaves by putting a few drops and water on my craft mat and painting them with a paint brush.  I stamped some script with black ink; white circles; and plum watercolor drops around the page.  I thought I'd finish the page by drawing a frame around the page with the BIC pen.  

I kept looking at it and it just didn't feel finished, but I didn't know what it needed.  So I waited.  Then I watered down some black ink, dipped a toothbrush in it and flicked little droplets all over.  Perfect!

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous!! I love the background!! The colors and design are fabulous!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!