Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Another Baby Gift

Ok, Tawni or Mike, if you're checking out my blog...scroll down past this post!

I bought this frame at the Thrift Store for about $2.  I started off cutting lt. pink, dk. pink and yellow letters all 1 1/2" and in the same font.  I layed them out on the frame and just wasn't feeling it.  So I put it aside and worked on something else...

I have a container that I keep random shapes and letters that I messed up the size or the color wasn't right, etc.  So for some reason, I grabbed my container and started pulling other font, colors and size letters and started replacing some of the others with these.  Then I remember that I had some birds from a swap that I hosted awhile back....and the rest is history :)

I LOVE how this turned out!  It just might be the cutest thing I have ever made.  I hope my cousins like it as much as I do.

Ok, seriously don't know how to keep the photo the right direction....  I saved it after I flipped it, but still didn't come out right.  So once again, tilt your head to the right and you'll get a better look at it.

9 comments:

  1. It did turn out beautifully Dorlene! I tried to picture it from your description, but this is even better than it was in my head:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely LOVE this!! What an adorable gift!!! Really nice job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable gift. Great job on pulling it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out great! It's adorable & I'm sure they're going to love it....TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE IT!!! I'm sure you cousins will treasure it for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I love babies so much, so the gifts for them should also be lovable and the idea of personalized gifts can help a lot while choosing a gift for babies is a very difficult task because they always want something special from you and if its not of their choice then it will become difficult to handle them.
    baby gifts

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree harun. I try to check out the baby registers so I know whatever I'm making will coordinate with their theme. I've been pretty lucky with my handmade gifts as I only do this with family and really close friends. They know and (almost) expect a handmade gift from me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dorlene, this is such a CUTE gift!!!. LOVE IT... so original and lot of work I can see!!!. Very well done!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!