Saturday, July 27, 2024

Merry Christmas in July; Final Day


Can you believe it? It's the final project for the Merry Christmas in July series?! I certainly had a lot of fun coming up with these projects especially when it's been triple digits outside. 

For the final project, I decided to create an advent calendar. I've always wanted to do one and creating this project in July will guarantee that it's ready by December 1st.

There are so many ways to create an advent calendar so I wasn't sure where to start. I knew I needed numbers, so off to the Cricut I go! I used the BFC Hello Babe font for the numbers and then did a query for Advent. The reason why I did the query was to look for shapes. I ungrouped the image and deleted the font they had so I could use the font I wanted.

After changing the fonts, colors and size, I realized it probably would have been easier just to add shapes to each number using colors that I wanted but that's ok. I got exactly what I wanted at the end.


Adding an offset to each shape, flattening them and printing on sticker paper makes it easier to adhere the numbers to each treat holder.

Here are close ups of the different style of holders that I made.

Just added stickers to these!

Old School sour cream holders!

Easy score & fold!

Used the Cricut for these!

Finally used this punch board!

Since they are all different sizes and styles, I decided I would put them in a large basket and the girls can pick the right date each day. And because we're a family that likes to make memories, some will have treats and some will have notes to start a holiday activity.


Check out the YouTube video to see how each type of treat holder was created. I'm super excited about how they turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!