Friday, July 26, 2024

Merry Christmas in July; Day Six


It only took me to Day Six to post a scrapbooking layout as part of my Merry Christmas in July series. I printed a photo of my granddaughters with Santa & Mrs. Claus in 2022. Used a sketch by Scrapping the Day Away and a variety of Christmas papers to create this layout. I love that you can use papers from different collections, and it still looks great together. I looked for papers that were a little more distressed and/or subtle since I didn't want it to be too cutesy.


The sketch:

The sketch is pretty basic but what really caught my eye is the bottom portion.  I like the six rectangles going across the bottom half of the page. What a great way to use multiple patterned papers! I cut these rectangles at 3.75x2.75". I used 6x6 papers and the Santa scrap piece, but using all scraps would be perfect for this!

How cute is Mr. & Mrs. Claus with the motorcycle? Originally, I was going to really focus on the motorcycle but then changed my mind. I mean, the motorcycle is not the focus, my cute granddaughters are!


I tried to emulate the photo background by adding die cut banners & punched snowflakes along with a Print/Cut title. I think the layout turned out so nice. I hope you agree! I love, love, love the black background and ask myself, why I don't use black as a background more often!

Be sure to watch the process video on my YT channel for all the fun details!

The dies were purchased from Tall Mouse at the Stamp/Scrapbook Expo. I don't know if they are the manufacturers or just sellers, but this is probably one of my best buys. They are fabulous!

6x6 paper pad is Heidi Swapp and the Santa paper is Theresa Collins. The papers I show at the beginning of the video are from My Minds Eye.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!