Sunday, July 28, 2024

Beach Themed Cake Topper; Printable Cuttable Creatables

 

Do you need a beautiful beach themed cake topper?  Well, I did just that for my granddaughter’s upcoming birthday using the Beach Sea Shells Monogram Frame cut file from Printable Cuttable Creatables.

When making a cake topper, I believe the more layers the better which makes the offset function your best friend!  With this topper, I added an offset to the original image, an offset of the offset times two.  The default color for offsets is black in Cricut Design Space so when creating each offset, I changed the colors for each layer so I have a better idea of what the final project will look like.

Go the the Printable Cuttable Creatables blog to see my post with the instructions.

Once everything is cut, I always lay the pieces together before adding adhesive.  Take note of which pieces will have foam adhesive and which will be adhered directly on top of the previous layer.


I used a pick tool for the small pieces and my favorite tool (my fingers) for the larger ones when applying liquid adhesive.



I adhered the wreath details directly on the light gray offset & then that portion directly on the white offset.  I used foam adhesive to add height to the pink shell, two starfish and the banner.  


I ended up cutting two of the acetate pieces so the shaker area would have one for the front and then after adding foam adhesive & shaker bits in the middle, the second acetate piece acts like the “second piece of bread” of a sandwich.  This makes it so much easier to adhere to the base layer.


I also changed the banner to say Celebrate versus my granddaughter’s first name.  Here’s the final project!  



As you can tell, I added a lot of black & white pen marks to highlight different areas. So cute!

When purchasing cut files from Printable Cuttable Creatables, use the 3SONS15 discount code to receive 15% off your order!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!