Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Sunshine Layout

It seems like a long time since I worked on a scrapbook page! I am getting used to working with one hand and I knew I was getting more and more behind on my layouts so I was determined to work on a layout.

I’m part of a group on FB that posts sketches so I used one of them for this layout.

I had multiple photos that I wanted to use so I used a flip flap so I could use them all. I love these photos of my granddaughters just soaking up the sun.

Since the blanket had a tropical feel, I used a tropical themed paper pad. The title was cut with the Cricut. Check out the YouTube video/process video below:
Since I planned on using my Cricut for the embellishments, I emulated the layout on the canvas in Design Space so I could get the sizes correct. When it was time to cut the images, I removed the 12x12 square and all three 3.75x6” rectangles since I didn’t need those. I also added an offset to the title. All these images are available free with Cricut Access.
You’ll see in the video that I gutted the patterned paper base in order to add the black mat. The black piece is cut to 10.5x10.5. I gutted the patterned paper at 1.25" on each side.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!