Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Yellow Roses; Junk Journal Spread & Video

I love working in my Junk Journal and was recently asked to make an instructional video on the finger-painted roses that are on a few of my journal spreads.

I’ve said it before and I will repeat, I am not a professional artist instructor, but I love playing with new techniques & products and sometimes (sometimes), I come up with something pretty! Watch the video:


Photos & Close Ups:



Notes: These flowers are formed by using my finger to “draw” a variety of c’s, parenthesis, or commas...whatever you want to call them to create a flower-like shape and to mimic the variation of colors & sizes of petals. My advice, keep playing around with them until they become something you like. In the video, you will see that it took me a few times to get to that place and even after I thought I was there, I ended up adding some marks using a black ink-ball pen. Watch the video, you’ll see. LOL

Most of all have fun & enjoy the process! After all, we’re just playing!

Products Used:
Acrylic Paints: Christmas Green, Daffodil, Marigold, and White
Drop Dead Gorgeous Green ink spray by Lindy’s
Almost Black Glitter Mist
Silver Metallic Ink by Art (c)
POSCA pens in yellow (PC-7M) and white (PC-1M)
Uni-ball Vision Elite in Black
Script Stamp & Black Licorice Archival Ink from my stash
Stamp from Unity Stamps

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!