Friday, February 19, 2021

Guest Designer; Stick It Down


I'm super excited to announce that I'm a Guest Designer at the Stick It Down challenge site for this month. My single page layout was selected as a top winner a few months back so they invited me to be a guest designer. So cool! Of course I said yes!

I'm still finishing up my 2019 photos and I've finally reached November and more importantly, the birth of our first grandbaby! As you can imagine, I have tons of photos of the event and thought they would be perfect for this cute sketch.

The sketch:

My layout:



The video:

What I did/use:
I used my Cricut to cut all the diamond shapes out of a variety of pink patterned papers - all from my scraps - YES!

As you know when working with a sketch, your project does not have to look exactly like it but can be inspired by it. I loved the look of the diamond shapes but I did not use as many as the sketch nor did I do any wet medium/mixed media to the base. I did add some splashes of Color Silk because that's about as much "mixed media" I do to my layouts.

I had a lot of fun gathering all my pink embellishments to see what I could use. I am pretty proud of myself for using stuff that have been in my stash since the beginning of time. Do you see the flower eyelets, baby feet brads??? Those were so much fun to add. 

I also used my Cricut to cut the large title and the small pink label took the place of the subtitle.

Be sure to check out Stick It Down. Each month, they offer a 2-page sketch, single page sketch and a card sketch. If nothing else, go check me out! LOL

Products Used:
Pink cardstock and paper scraps from my stash
Pink sequins, rubber embellishments from Close To My Heart (CTMH)
Pink "x" are actually crosses from Illustrated Faith
Pink flower eyelets and brads from my stash
Pink enamel hearts from Eyelet Outlet
Black hearts and "cute" are also from the rubber embellishment pack from CTMH
White POSCA paint pen
Outrageous Pink & Whipped Cream Color Silk splash from Fun Stampers Journey (FSJ)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!