Friday, June 5, 2020

TGIF; Thankful Friday #133

This has been a tough week. I am thankful that it's Friday. But, the things that are weighing heavy on my heart will still be here over the weekend and beyond.

Peaceful protests as well as violent riots and looting are taking place all over our nation. With all this happening, I am thankful to see all the support from members of all ethnic backgrounds - people are standing together to make a change.
Last week, one of our nephews lost his life. One of his sister, my niece, heard this song right after she got the news & shared it with us. I googled the lyrics and wow...heavy stuff. Following is just a portion of the song but it sure hits home for him.

Smile by Scarface featuring Tupac 

There's gon' be some stuff you gon' see
That's gon' make it hard to smile in the future
But through whatever you see
Through all the rain and the pain
You gotta keep your sense of humor
You gotta be able to smile through all this bullshit
Remember that!

And now a moment of silence, let us pray
And as you journey into outer space
May the angels help to lead the way
May the prayers that our families made
Shine up on your soul to keep you safe
And all the homies that done passed away
They there to greet you as you pass the gates
And as you head to the tunnel's light
I hope it leads to eternal life.

R.I.P. Tommie Fox


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!