Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Junk Journal Page

I feel like I should create a journal spread with all that is currently going on in our country.

This is how the page started
I swipe leftover medium on pages in the Junk Journal so I rarely start with a blank page. The first thing I did was paint white gesso over the entire page.
Then I dug out a stencil that I saved when I cut out a multitude of triangles and added blue acrylic paint with a sponge.

I felt like it was too bright so I toned it down with white acrylic paint scraped on with a spatula
I knew I was using the group image which is from a free image from Illustrated Faith and to add to it, I went through my sticker book and pulled a bunch of random stickers and labels that I thought would coordinate.
I added some Modge Podge over the stickers to add extra adhesive and added a banner to the top left corner.

I wanted you guys to see the tiny sliver of space I actually had to create the spread. I get caught up in supplies and tools. I added some black splatter to finish the page.
 Close up of the sticker splatter!
There’s a pocket on the other side and I’ll write more of my thoughts to slip in there.

Be sure to get your free printable from Illustrated Faith if you’re interested. To see more of my junk journal spreads, click on the "Junk Journal" label to the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!