Saturday, February 1, 2020

LTCCB; February Anything Goes


As always, the challenge at the Love To Craft Challenge Blog (LTCCB) is Anything Goes.

If you’re like me, you are always crafting. I couldn’t decide what to do for February’s challenge since I didn't want to do a Valentine's project. I came across these cute punch art pieces that I made years (and I mean years) ago. I used them for inspiration for this month's project.

They are so easy to make using a few punches and cardstock scraps. I decided to update the pieces with a few additional products & to turn them into cupcake toppers.



It’s hard to tell, but I used a black glitter pen to add sparkle to all the black pieces as well as a white pen for highlights in the pupils. I used 3D foam tape to pop up the eyes and a glue dot to adhere the toothpicks & the original faces to the backs. By doing this, the cupcakes are decorated no matter which way you look at them.
Here's the complete set. I love this photo. It looks like they are posing for a selfie. Just a bunch of friends, huddled together & peeking over their "shoulders". LOL


Aren’t these so cute and so simple  & easy!! What I especially like about this project is that it's a simple way to give a wow factor to these cupcakes. With all the new cutting machines and tools out now, sometimes we can go overboard on these type of things which basically get thrown away. A quick project using scraps won't make me cringe when they get tossed after they are pulled out and the cupcakes are eaten - ya feel me, right?!

Now it's your turn, click on over to the LTCCB and link up your crafty project. This can be any type of creation. There are lots of linkers so you will find lots of inspiration from the DT and other crafters like yourself.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dorlene! These are adorable! The photos crack me up, they all look real! Love how you assembled them. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!