Thursday, February 20, 2020

Junk Journal Spread

Do you have favorite YouTubers that you watch? I have quite a few, but one of my favs is Inkie Quill. She has two channels, one called Inky Quill and the other Let's Get Inky. I don't know which one I like more.

She did a junk journal spread on Let's Get Inky and I drew inspiration from it. What really caught my eye, was the heart shaped page - well let's say, half a heart shaped page.
I cut out the shape on the right side and then flipped it to the left and drew the same shape. Next, I applied black acrylic paint to mask out the other half of the heart.

Both pages already had some random paint, marks, etc. The page on the left is actually a gel plate piece.
I added black acrylic paint around the cut heart border and back sheet as well.
Between the two heart halves, is a small envelope which I embellished with the left over piece from the cut out shape.
Now to find a stencil to decorate the heart. I went through my stash and found this:
Which was a throwaway piece I rescued from a friend who was going to toss it. It’s made of cardstock and worked perfectly to decorate the heart. I used red acrylic paint and a cosmetic sponge.

And the tuck in tag for the pocket between them, I used black paint.
I used a circle stencil for the left side black area & white paint
A cute quote I collect on Pinterest, some hearts & random scrap pieces and I’m done:

Close Ups of the pocket and tag:

Click on the Junk Journal label to the right for more inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!