To grow these roses, I grabbed my red and green paper scraps and started cutting away. Then I put those pieces together to form a rose shaped puzzle. I adhered them to the junk journal page. Thankfully, the roses covered a lot of the ugly! Once the roses and leaves were secure, I painted in between them with a dry brush and a mixture of mostly white and a touch of teal acrylic paints. Before finishing the background, I added some black thick “crosses” in some random spots using a Sharpie marker.
I added the black lines on the rose petals and leaves with a extra fine black Sharpie to emulate black stitches/sewing. I love how they turned out and BONUS...I used some of my paper scraps!
Don’t forget to comment on this post and any posts between July 20th through July 31st for your chance to win a set of 5 notecards made from my original art work. This give-a-way is to celebrate a full year of TGIF; Thankful Friday posts. Read the original post HERE.
I’m entering this on the Allsorts Challenge Blog. Their July challenge is Flowers All Over and I think this qualifies. Click to their site for more information.