I love coffee but only have a few coffee themed stamps. I actually bought this one at Michael's a couple of weeks ago for 50% off!
The card is made using both sides of the Quick Quotes Whistlin' Dixie WD107 and Cool Gray PowderPuff Chalk Ink. I love the grunginess of this paper.
One thing to note, I always wanted to buy a coffee themed stamp set with mugs, coffee rings and splashes but just never got around to it. I knew I needed some "grunge" for a coffee themed card so I searched my stash and found items that are perfect for it. I love shopping my own stash - give it a try, you may already have what you think you need!
What I did:
- I cut a 4 x 5 1/4" piece of the WD107 and inked all four edges with Cool Gray PowderPuff Chalk Ink.
- Cut a 2x4" piece of the same paper but flipped it over before inking all edges with Cool Gray.
- I stamped both pieces of paper with circles and splotches stamps to emulate coffee spills.
- I stamped the coffee cup on white cardstock, solid yellow side of WD107 and WD103. Then I fussy cut each paper pieced layer. I added a heart to the coffee cozy.
- Stamped the sentiment and tied string around the 2x4 piece.
After I assembled the whole thing, I thought, "wow! That's a whole lot of yellow!" So I removed the band and added a piece of vellum over the WD107 piece (after inking the edges). Yup! Like that so much more!
Click on over to the Quick Quotes blog to see more Coffee Lover's projects!
Bloom Art Stamps Elements 2 stamps (designed by me!)
SU! Gorgeous Grunge and sentiment