Friday, April 27, 2018

Card Inspiration with Quick Quotes

I'm getting vintage with the Secret Garden collection. Gosh, this is another beautiful paper collection to work with! It's so pretty. Awhile ago, I purchased four sets of vintage ephemera that I love to look at but hardly ever use. The colors of this sets match the Secret Garden collection so perfectly that I just had to use them for these cards!

The first thing I did was cut the Secret Garden GN104 sheet into 3 3/4 x 5" panels. After cutting the panels, I inked each one a different color with Powder Puff Chalking Ink (Deep Sea, Vanilla Cream, Cactus and Lipstick).

Then I went through the ephemera packs and started pulling items and layering them until I was happy with the way they looked. Before adhering, I inked the ephemera pieces with the same color Powder Puff Chalk Ink that was used on the patterned paper panels.

I inked the butterfly with Vanilla Cream and Lipstick  Powder Puff Chalk Inks.
Don't you love those cork butterflies?!


Each card has at least five layers, a butterfly, enamel dots or pearls, and a stamped sentiment. By combining these products, I created an updated vintage look. I know, it sounds like an oxymoron, but I really think it's a thing!

Quick Quotes Products Used:
Secret Garden GN104 Paper
Powder Puff Chalk Inks: Deep Sea, Cactus, Vanilla Cream and Lipstick

Other Products Used:
Vintage Ephemera Packs by Jill Brown
Enamels Dots/Pearls by Queen and Company
Various Sentiment Stamps from my collection


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!