Friday, February 9, 2018

TGIF; Thankful Friday #30 and Junk Journal Post #8

Another week to be thankful. This was a tough week since it's the anniversary of my dad's passing. I'm so thankful for busy hands. It sure made things a little easier when I can just go upstairs to the Command Center and create.
This art journal page came about all because I was experimenting with my new Powder Puff Chalk Inks from Quick Quotes.

Here's what I did: I inked the background of this page with three different Powder Puff Chalk Inks. I love how the pads have a curved top and they made a great background stamp. I accomplished this by "stamping" the top of the pads directly to the paper.
I also added some lines by using the sides of the same ink pads (to cover the words on the base page). I love how it adds movement to the page.

I stamped the genie lamp and sentiment directly on the page. I used white acrylic paint to "color in" the lamp with a skinny paint brush and a silver marker and silver Nuvo Drops for other areas.

Scribbled around the sentiment with a pencil to emulate a smoke bubble & added some small circles using a straw and Deep Sea ink. Wrote the question on the bottom with a fine point Sharpie. I drew lines around the words and then used watered down white acrylic paint around the boxes. The left over paint I splattered throughout the page. I also drew a base with some scallops so the lamp had something to stand on.
Added two strips of Washi tape to finish it.

It's different, but I like it. So...what will you wish for if you are granted three wishes?

I'm going to have a cheesy mom moment, but I wish for health, love and success for my children.

I've been asked to do a process video and I am planning on doing that sometime soon. I just need to stop overthinking it and just do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!