Friday, February 16, 2018

Bird House Fun

Happy days crafters! I'm here to share another project for the Quick Quotes Design Team.

It feels like Spring here in Central California. Since I can hear birds chirping outside my window (I also hear my dog, Gracie barking at them but that's a whole different story), it gave me the idea for this project...a birdhouse.

I found a simple birdhouse pattern on Pinterest and cut it out using poster board. I then measured, cut  and covered each side of the birdhouse with papers from the new QQ Spring Showers Paper Collection. I just love the weathered wood papers for this! I wanted each side to be different so I used the front and back of Spring Showers 101 and 102. Before I adhered the papers, I inked all the edges with Powder Puff Chalk Inks (see colors below).



The front of the bird house was embellished with a cluster of washi tape, paper scraps, a recycled ticket, 3D flowers, some lace, a feather and a photo holder pin. I stamped the word "HOPE" using Bermuda Powder Puff Chalk Ink and placed it in the photo holder.


The overall size of the birdhouse is approximately 6" x 5". How cute is this? I can't wait to hang it in my craft room.  I may have to make a couple more just so it doesn't look so lonely.

Quick Quotes Products Used:
Spring Showers Paper Collection
Powder Puff Chalking Inks: Bermuda, Tropical Punch, and Vanilla Cream

I was able to make two simple cards with the paper scraps. This paper is so beautiful I didn't want to do much more than adhere the paper to the card base!



Powder Puff Chalk Inks Used: Vanilla Cream and Cool Gray

Sentiments: Sugar Pea Designs and Stamping Up!

I'm having so much fun with these Quick Quotes products and I absolutely love the Powder Puff Chalk Inks. They are so easy to handle since they are designed to fit in your hand. It makes edging your projects so easy and less messy!  Click on over to their blog or shop to find out more about them.

TGIF; Thankful Friday #31
This week I'm thankful for new adventures. I am (slowly) convincing myself to do more videos. Sure Carly and I laugh a lot through them, but practice makes perfect. I'll let you know when I officially have a YouTube channel.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dorlene. The colours on those papers are gorgeous, aren't they? Yes, deep in the heart of winter, they remind us of warmer, sunnier days.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #4

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!