Saturday, April 15, 2017

Sprays & Re-Inkers

I haven't played with my stamping & mixed media supplies in awhile so I am happy to say I spend an afternoon just playing.  Carly and I decided to have our own Stamping/Scrapbooking Retreat in the Command Center on Saturday.  We went to the store and bought some snacks and holed up in the room!

After five hours, I completed six cards and she did one 12x12 layout and two pocket pages.  It was a successful day!

I'll show off the cards I made one at a time, but this one is my favorite.

With other cards (I'll post something soon), I used the baby wipe technique to stamp some images but what I did with this card is...

I swiped the inked up baby wipe to a piece of white cardstock.  It looked like a pretty blob of color.  Then I used watered down white acrylic paint and a stencil to tone it down a bit.  After that, I sprayed some black Tattered Angels spray and dripped some bigger black splotches all over.

I'm joining the Happy Little Stampers April Mixed Media challenge with this card.  This month's challenge is "Sprays".  Click HERE to go to the site.

I had this pile of inked/painted strips of paper from I don't know where and decided to add it to the bottom of the card front.  Added this Cricut cupcake cutout (I already forgot which cartridge) and some gold sequins.  Before attaching to the card, I stamped "happy birthday" completely near the cupcake and then inked off on the top right.




Honestly, these pictures don't do it justice.  This card is pretty amazing!

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!! The background looks amazing!! Love the colors!! Happy Easter!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dorlene, it looks simply amazing and you are such a creative stamper. Love the gorgeous colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your color palette is fabulous, Dorlene. I also like how you used the paper strips to decorate the space below the cake. Thanks for playing with us at Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge. Wish you best luck in your entry. Helen, HLSMM DT
    http://stampfairy-helen.blogspot.tw/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!