Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Layered Stencils

I went to a scrapbook store last week - an actual scrapbook store! It was a big space and was fully loaded with lots of goodies. Yes, I went in thinking I wasn't going to buy things I didn't need, but then I remembered that I really don't need anything. LOL

I did buy a lot! They had such a great variety of products and there was so much, I felt like I was at an Expo. Since we missed two years of Expos, I felt like I actually saved myself some money. smile

I've been looking at the layered stencils that a lot of companies are making so I bought a couple. Wow, they are so fun and easy to use!

I filmed the process of one of the stencil sets I bought. Watch the video below:


Since the video doesn't show the finished card, I wanna tell you that I totally blew it. 

I accidentally got some ink on the bottom right corner so I used the small brush to add more ink smudges around the card. That solved the problem until I used the same brush to add ink in the center...the black ink wasn't completely dried so it smudged...a lot. It looked horrible so what did I do? 

I smudged it some more so it looked like I did it on purpose. A little grungy card...? UGH, I didn't like it. I added a few sequins to complete it. I guess it's ok, but I just need to tell myself, that's the look I was going for. 

Here are photos of the finished card:


Isn't that floral wreath beautiful!?! I bought another one and I'm sure you'll see a project made from it soon.

Stencil set from Pink Fresh Studio.
Black liquid pearls from Close To My Heart (CTMH)
Finger dauber for the flowers
Small cosmetic brush for all other portions. I bought a set of these brushes at my local Dollar Tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!