Monday, September 2, 2019

BBTB2 Challenge: Go Outside!

The current challenge at Bitten By The Bug (BBTB2) is:

Go Outside!

I've wanted to make one of these for a long time and I finally did it just in time for my daughter and granddaughter's birthday party. Technically, they are called Camping Buckets. You see, you have it lit up so you can find your camping spot out in the darkened wilderness, but of course they can be used anywhere.

I purchased a 5 gallon bucket from Home Depot and the puck light from Amazon. The "relax" sentiment was a freebie from lovesvg.com and the "welcome" sentiment I created using an assortment of fonts in Cricut and my system. The beer mug was also from lovesvg.com.

I put vinyl on both sides of the bucket:

 Here it is on our stage that we call "Le LEAF":


 And all lit up:

It really is just for ambiance and we LOVE it! Fun, right!?!

Now it's your turn...create something with an outside/outdoor theme and link it to the BBTB2 challenge link. Click on over there for some DT inspiration!

(In case you're curious, we came up with Le LEAF because the "stage" was made for our granddaughter, LeAnna.  So...the first three are obvious and the F is her middle name initial. And adding "le" instead of "the" is just fun!)

2 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea. It would create such nice ambiance on an outdoor patio, also. I really like the font.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I have seen a few of these used for camping. Love the personalization you gave the bucket. Your artwork is so inspiring. P.S. Have you seen the bucket with yard Yahtzee?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!