Monday, March 25, 2019

BBTB2; Easter Challenge

The current challenge at the Bitten By The Bug 2 challenge site is...It's Easter.

I'll be honest, I haven't done anything for Easter in ages. Every year I tell myself to create things but I never do. Last year I bought some oversized plastic eggs that are to be filled...yeah, didn't do it. But guess what? I pulled them out for this challenge and decorated them!

I used the Create-A-Critter II cartridge for both the bunny & the chick.


I never layered vinyl before so I was really nervous. It was easy except I need to purchase clear transfer tape since the kind I have is frosted. That made it hard so they didn't line up perfectly, but hey...I'm all about being imperfect.

I cut these at 2.5".


I used my Cricut Expression to cut the layers since it was readily available on my table. I like to use my Expression when I just use my cartridges and basic cuts.



I had a little trouble with the chicks since they were harder to adhere without bubbles to the curve of the egg. I used my heat gun after rubbing as much as I could and it helped a lot. I'm sure you noticed the little bubbles in the center of the images, they are due to the eggs (see below). It was really noticeable on the chicks probably because of the lighter color. On the second one, I put the beak over the middle (and larger) circle so it wasn't as noticeable.


Here's another shot of the eggs all decorated and filled with Easter grass.


I can't wait to fill these in!

Now it's your turn, create an Easter project using your Cricut and link it to the BBTB2 challenge site. Be sure to let us know which cartridge, SVG or image you used for your project. 


3 comments:

  1. The decorated eggs are so adorable! They will look so cute in an Easter basket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dorlene, these are just too cute! great idea and you rocked it!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Easter project - you could even add names on them. You won't have to make anything next year since these can be re-used! Love the bunny the best.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!