Sunday, February 3, 2019

Circa 1982; Junk Journal Page

I pulled out the junk journal this weekend after stashing them away when I did some reorganizing. I love working in those things - it’s so fun just messing around!

I found some punched out butterflies I did a long time ago when I was trying to weed out my paper scraps. I placed them in piles of dark, medium and light colors and then glued them onto the page in an ombré like fashion.

Once that dried, I added some yellow paint around them (yeah, I know I probably should have done it before adhering the butterflies, but I didn’t have a plan when I first started). I really like the messy look to it.

Once I did that I tore some scrap vellum and adhered it under a photo and on the page. This is me circa 1982. I use a fine point black pen to outline each butterfly and used a pallet knife to scrape white gesso around the page.

Added the quote from one of my Tim Holtz pads and also stamped a sentiment very random in three areas. The sentiment is “There’s a little wild woman in all of us” which would have been a good quote for the overall page, but it was so small.
That’s it!

2 comments:

  1. Nice layout, Dorlene. Things happen the way they should. I like the white space between the yellow and the butterflies. I think it gives them more pop. You look comfy on that beach! Creative Blessings! Kelly #28

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous page!! I love the background!! You showcased the picture beautifully!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!