Oh how I love these rosette wreaths! A few years back I made quite a few of these for Halloween. I intended to make more for Christmas, but never got the chance. I'm sure everyone's seen a few Youtube videos or some sort of tutorial or two, here are my tips:
- Score the entire 12x12 sheet of paper & then cut them into strips.
- The largest strips should be 1 3/4" at the most. Otherwise you need more than one strip to make the rosette. It will not lay flat.
- When attaching the ends, clip off one "fold" so it fits best.
- Put a puddle of hot glue on your craft mat and wiggle the rosette in the glue to adhere. (No need for a back base on the rosettes.)
- Layer, layer & layer!
- Use old boxes to cut out your wreath bases. I use a dinner plate as a template and cut the base out with scissors. Why spend money on a wreath base when you can't see it?!
- Thread your hanger before adhering the rosettes. I had a hard time adding the "hanger" once the wreath was complete. Live and learn!
Now I need to add all the pretties...aka, the fun part!