Wednesday, September 7, 2016

WOYWW #379

WOYWW:
My work area is a mess!  Well, let me re-phrase...it's a wonderful assortment of crafting supplies and tools showcasing my love of all things artsy!  Better?!?

How I find a space to work always surprises me.  But I always do.  I'm sure most of you can relate.

On my desk this week is an assortment of card making supplies.  I'm on a roll with my mop up sheets and gelli plate prints. I'm still perfecting the process of gelli printing - if there's such a thing, but I am definitely having fun!

Photos of some of the prints:

Thanks to Lisa of Bloom Arts for sending me an 8x10 plate.  It was such a nice and greatly appreciated surprise.  I love it!!

Settle into your favorite comfy chair, grab something to eat/drink then head over to Stamping Ground to visit other work desks on the WOYWW challenge site.  Check out what others around the world are working on and leave a comment or two.  You will be inspired!

Remember those little chipboard squares I had on my desk a few weeks back?  Here are a couple of cards using them.  The jelly fish are a digi stamp from Stamp Prints.


Close ups:
 This one was one of the gelli prints for the background.
 This one is a mop up sheet and a solid stamp (Bloom Art Stamps) and sentiment (CTMH)
 Another mop up sheet and layers of washi tape.
I purposely stamped the background stamp and just layered the elements.

Here they are all matted and attached to card bases.  Love!


Products Used:  cardstock; background stamp with metallic ink; chipboard square; washi tapes, assorted sprays/paint for background; watercolor pencils; Wink of Stella pen; thread; stamp; dimensional tape.

12 comments:

  1. Dorlene, what a blessing from Lisa! Those pulls are fabulous! I love your flare with words, lolol! Call it what you want to, I say, it's just plain artsy!!! LOLOL Beautiful cards that your recipients will love! :) Blessings, Felicia #43

    ReplyDelete
  2. busy well used desk. I do like the rephrased definition of the desk. My is always in a state of chaos but I have found I function better in my creative world when it is like that! Hope you have a great week and have fun crafting. Vickie aka Okienurse #6

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of beautiful pieces to pick from....and some wonderful cards!!

    Happy WOYWW
    Caz#29

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always like to see a busy desk, makes me feel right at home. Gorgeous cards you've made. Gelli prints and mop up sheets all make great backgrounds. Have a great woyww, Angela x 17

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Dorlene. Looks like you have been playing a ton on your desk with all those great goodies just at hand. Your card bases are stunning I haven't added a gelly plate to my stash yet but still debating myself to adding another tool. Lol. Thanks for visiting me earlier and have a wonderful week Hugs ~Anne L#5

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful work - your gelli prints are fabulous and look so good on your cards. I particularly love the background with the black birds against it, such beautiful colours and such a delicate subtle pattern - just lovely.
    Hope you have a good week,
    Diana #21

    ReplyDelete
  7. I laughed out loud at the way your rephrased "Mess"! Your cards are fab!
    Hugs,
    Chris P #30

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Dorlene -- that's a lot of creative output going on! Looks like you've been enjoying your gelli plate. Thanks for your suggestion about pocket pages in my Disney album -- I've been using them quite a bit -- all different configurations -- they absolutely do come in very handy! Happy WOYWW! ~ Laura #34

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gelli Printing is so addictive :) Its fun to see you are using yours up too! Thanks for the earlier visit, ~Stacy # 45

    ReplyDelete
  10. Belated Happy WOYWW, Dorlene. I love your revised description of your desk - methinks it would apply to every crafters desk! Your cards are beautiful, your backgrounds are fabulous. Many thanks for visiting my blog this week. Have a great Sunday. Elizabeth x #41

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've not tried gelli printing yet - not sure I dare to as it might just be another "thing" I have to get and then not use (much like my bind-it-all).

    Hope you had a good week!

    Morti @24

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way. I rarely dive in right when I see something I "need". I thought about this one for awhile and so far I love playing with it. Now to use the prints! LOL

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!