Monday, July 21, 2014

Watercolor Florals

I follow another blog that has fabulous challenges, inspirations and amazing talented artists.  But, I do not own any of their products so I cannot participate in their challenges.  But that doesn't stop me from being inspired and using my own products.

This week was watercoloring project on Capture the Moment.  


The instructional video is recommending that you stamp your floral image using a soft color background that blends into the white cardstock so when you're done watercoloring the image, it looks more like a watercolored original painting than just coloring in an image.  It takes practice, but here are the two cards I played around with:



I wasn't sure if I liked them while I was "painting" but loved how they look after they started to dry.  Both floral stamps were gifts from Rubber Paws and I used an assortment of colored ink from both Stampin' Up and CTMH.  I stamped my "ooh la la" dots very lightly over the finished images to give it a little bit of something extra.  The sentiment was purchased from a yard sale years ago and hey, no enamel dots!  LOL  But I did want to add some pearls.

If you want to check out their instuctional video, go the Capture the Moment blog.  This may be my next video too so stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. These are beautiful and I love the tip on coloring the background a soft color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! This looks like a fun technique. The results are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful! I love the idea of stamping in a pale color so you don't see the outline after you've colored. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!