Saturday, December 3, 2011

Diaper Cake

We were invited to a baby shower for a good friend's niece and after looking up the baby register, I noticed there wasn't really a theme for the baby, just a lot of boy themed items.  So, I took that as a license to be creative...  At first I grabbed my supplies for baby boy, which pretty much meant a lot of baby blue.  At first I went with baby blue, brown and yellow theme and was going to decorate the diaper cake with generic baby items a boat or two, something like that.  I don't know what possessed me, but I completely changed my mind and grabbed some bright blue and teal colored paper and thought "All Star".  So grabbing some coordinating paper, my new Stampin' Up! pennant punch and some purchased stuffed football, baseball and basketball, I created my diaper cake.  When we arrived at the shower, we were thrilled to see that the color theme of the shower was Bright Blue and Teal!  What were the odds of that?!?  So, since this is the way I roll, I moved things around on the food table and plopped the diaper cake there as if it was party of the decorations.  HA HA HA  It looked so good!  Here are some photos that Carly took before we left for the shower.  I wish we would have taken some at the shower..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!