Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Cake Topper; CCS Design Team Project


I had a last minute request for a cake topper and of course I jumped at the chance. I think cake toppers are my favorite party decor to make! This month is the first of my daughter's friend group to turn 30 this year. I can't believe it!

Here's the completed topper:


Once I selected the font and found this fun skull balloon from Cricut Design Space, it was just a matter of arranging them and then cutting the pieces out using cardstock from CutCardStock.  



As you can tell, I kept the colors simple by using Black, Textured Wedding Cake White and Curious Metallic Lustre cardstocks. I also used lots of foam adhesive to give the layers some height.



If you love making projects with paper, you must check out the CutCardStock blog. The DT has such a great variety of paper projects to inspire you.

Here’s a picture of the topper on the store bought cake. My daughter added some black flowers.


Check out this quick YouTube process video:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!