Friday, March 24, 2023

October Fest 2021 Layout

This was a quick and fun layout using a tutorial by Scrapbooking With Ann Marie/Scrapbooking The Day Away's website. I've mentioned it before and I truly think it's a great site especially if you're a new scrapbooker or need motivation.


The bottom part of this layout was made by cutting four 4x2 strips of Burgundy cardstock and four 4x1 strips of Navy Blue cardstock. I could have placed a 1x12" strip horizontally above this, but I chose to add the bottle cap sticker instead.


I used the Print/Cut option in Design Space to create my embellishments - my new favorite thing to do with my layouts. The gnomes were both wearing green (for St. Patrick's Day - apparently this is the only time gnomes drink beer) but I didn't need them to be green so I changed the colors prior to flattening them. I also added offsets to each of them before flattening, printing and cutting. I'll have to do a "How To" video on this process but if you need a tutorial, check out YouTube...there's all kinds out there!

The base page is a patterned paper. This works well as long as it has a good weight. I don't recommend using a patterned paper if it's thin. Even though it's a patterned paper, it really reads as a solid since the image is very subdued.


I love creating multi-photo layouts and I am really happy that I was able to get all three of these 4x6 prints on the page. I was able to make use of some irrelevant areas to either trim off or add an embellishment cluster to.

Check out the YouTube process video:


Products Used:
Patterned Paper & Stickers from Beer Lovers kit from Recollections
Cardstock from CutCardStock


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!