Friday, December 23, 2022

Poinsettia Gift Tags; CutCardStock Project

Happy Holidays! I usually do a 12 Days of Christmas Tags Series but this December was pretty nuts so I decided not to do it this year. But don't worry...I'll continue next year!


Honestly, it's probably a good thing since my tag container is getting pretty full! I was able to create these beautiful poinsettia gift tags though and I'm so happy how they turned out!


I used Basis Red and Yellow Jacket cardstock from CutCardStock as well as prepared 2x4 tags. I also used my Cricut to cut out the flower petals and leaves. I decided to use patterned paper instead of solid green for the leaves.


After cutting the petals and leaves, I used a rounding tool to create some dimension to each petal of the flowers. There are two layers and they were glued and stacked on top of each other.

For the center of the poinsettias, I used a flower punch that I have in my stash.  I wasn't sure which would work best so I punched them all out and guess what? All three flowers worked perfectly for these centers!

The leaves were glued directly on the tags, then the petals and then the punched gold centers. To accent the centers, I used some yellow glitter glue. You can't go wrong with glitter during the holidays! Stamped "To/From", put some twine (that was included with the tags) and voila...done!


I always make tags in sets of six so that's what I did here too!


Do you make your own gift tags? These are by far my favorite things to make this time of year! Check out the post on the CutCardStock blog.

Check out CutCardStock for all your paper needs. The variety is fabulous!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!