Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Merry Christmas and More

I just love Christmas especially when the decorations are up and the tiny sparkling lights are all lit up.  I usually like to add at least one handmade decoration each year.  Carly and I went to the thrift shop in town hunting for something cool to upcycle.  I found a tennis racket.  It was $1 so just the right price.  They also had lots of greenery and bits and pieces of glittered poinsettia, plastic snowflakes and bits and pieces of ribbons.  So..out comes the handy dandy glue gun and I just started layering things together.  I researched pinterest on how to tie a bow and I thought I had it right the first time, but it just did not turn out well.  So, I really read the instructions and then tried again.  Guess what?  It actually helps to read all the directions!  LOL

I'll post a photo soon.  I just keep forgetting until it's late and I know the photo will turn out best in light.

Tony has brought home lots of scrap pieces of wood from a long time ago and I'm eager to paint a sign with one of the longer pieces.  It's December 23rd, so part of me thinks, it's too late, but then another part of me says, "go for it"!

One more half day left...maybe!

Merry, merry Christmas to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!